Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Contagion of Covid-19

 Today is 29th April, 2021. 

For the last 10 days, my whole family has been covid positive. However, my mother's report only came as positive and my dad's negetive.

 



My taste and smell had vanished unsuspectingly around the 17th or 18th of April. Mom had got a cough around a day earlier along with my father having a runny rose around the same time. I suspect that the visit to the budh bazar was the source of the covid infection.

Treatment has been ongoing since the report came in positive on 23rd. But I came to realize that the doctors either have no idea about curing covid or they are too skeptical of the medicines.

When I received the positive report, I had called 1075, the covid helpline. Someone picked up and asked me to call 1800-180-5145. Here someone took the details and asked me to call 0120-4186453.

That was Ghaziabad Chief Medical Officer's office number. I told them the details and the medicine names provided by them are these.

Tab. Dolo 650mg 1-0-1 AF x 5

Tab Azithromycin 0-1-0 AF x 5

Tab Montair LC 0-0-1 AF x 5

Tab Aciloc 150mg 1-0-1 AF x 5

Tab Limcee 500mg 1-0-0 x 5

Tab Iver 12mg 1-0-1 AF x 3

Cap DoxyT 100mg 1-0-1 x 5

Syrup Astonin 10ml. 1-1-1 AF x5

I consulted with the Practo doctor Dr.Danish Ali and he too suggested almost the same medicines minus a few,


Now, my mom was not very satisfied with these online medications. But since there was no OPD in operation anywhere, I was forced to consult with another doctor near my place. This doctor was too afraid to consult directly after eyeing the positive report and was angry that we came to consult him and just wrote some medicines including FabiFlu 1600mg and FabiFlu 800mg daily.

Now, this has been around 3 days. During the past few days, I saw SPO2 values drop for all 3 of us to as low as 71.  Since it recovered to 90, and since we did not get a bed at the hospital, we dropped the idea of getting admitted.

Our SPO2 has been in the 90's since yesterday. However, it kept me wondering since my dad and I have the same symptoms and only mom is positive, how the doctors really are differentiating.

Why is Fabiflu, Remdesivir, plasma therapy assigned only on the basis of a RT-PCR and the symptoms are not being considered? Are we who tested negative yet have the same symptoms not at risk?

It is strange. I will keep updating this blog with the updates of our encounter with the contagion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment